Why you should make this recipe:
This is my mothers go to recipe for any meal A quick dish, you can get it ready within 20 minutes if you have all the ingredients. It goes well with Appams or Parotta.
- Carrot ( diamond) 1/2 cup
- Beans ( diamond) 1/2 cup
- Potato (diamond) 1/2 cup
- Green peas 1/2 cup
- Cauliflower( cut small piece) 1/2 cup
- Oil 10 ml
- Ghee 1 teaspoon
- Fennel 1 teaspoon
- Green cardamom 2 nos
- Clove 2 nos
- Cinnamon small piece
- Bay leaf 1 nos
- Onion 1 cup
- Tomato 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves few
- Chili power 1/2 tea spoon
- Turmeric 1/3 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1/3 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 1/2 spoon
- Fresh coconut 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Fried curry leaves few
- Chopped coriander few.
- Wash and peel vegetables cut into diamond shape keep aside.
- Heat oil, add whole spice.
- Once it crackles add chopped onion, sauté it till it turns golden brown and then add ginger garlic paste.
- Add the chopped tomato and salt and dry powdered spices and cook it well.
- Add all vegetable.
- Make a fine paste of fresh coconut, green chilies, fennel and curry leaves and add to the vegetables.
- Add 1 cup water and cook on a slow flame till vegetables are tender and the gravy is thick.
- Finish with ghee, curry leaves, chopped coriander and coconut milk.
- Check the seasoning.
- Garnish with fried curry leaves and chopped coriander.
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets