Why you should make this recipe:
Many of my guest ask me to share a vegan cookie, that can also be gluten friendly.
Also I am not a big fan of sugar but love sweets. So in a moment of inspiration, I was experimenting with Jaggery, and oats to make a vegan oatmeal cookie.
Turns out well enough. Try it out.
- Almond flour – 3/4 cup
- Rolled oats – 3/4 cup
- Grated fresh coconut – 1/4 cup
- Vegan dark chocolate chopped – 1/4 cup
- Baking powder – 3/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Powdered Jaggery – 1/3 cup
- Boiled dal water (Dal ka Pani) – 1/4 cup
- Peanut butter – 2 Tbsp
- Coconut oil – 3 Tbsp
- Vanilla extract (optional) – 5 drops
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together almond flour, oats, chocolate, baking powder, salt, and Jaggery
- In a separate bowl, mix dal water (dal ka pani), peanut butter, coconut oil, vanilla use whisk to combine.
- Then add to dry ingredients, coconut and mix until combined.
- You should have a sticky wet dough
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or the dough become harder.
- Preheat oven to 180’C and grease the baking tray with little coconut oil.
- Take out the dough from refrigerator, using a table spoon take 1 1/2 spoon of dough make a balls.
- Press the balls to thick round discs.
- Place the discs on baking sheet with about a 3 cm gap in between each cookie to allow for spreading.
- Bake the cookies @ 180 degree for 20 -25 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.