Why you should make this recipe:
The flavour of Vazhaipoo is a little bitter and this bitter taste of increases the blood level in the body. Doctor says that Vazhaipoo reduces free radical activity, heals off infections, reduces menstrual bleeding and it has rich sources of vitamins and minerals and it especially helps nursing mothers..
- Banana flower – 1 no
- Chana Dal – 1.1/2 cup
- Refined Oil – 500 Ml
- Red Onion (chop) – 1 cup
- Green Chili – 2no
- Red Chili – 4 no
- Fennel seed – 2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – few
- Salt to Taste
- Coriander Leaf – few
- Ginger Chop – few
- Butter milk – 100 ml
- Soak the Chana dal and red chili together for one hour
- Grind the Chana dal coarsely and keep a side
- Remove the Banana flower from the Banana blossom. Keep it in the butter milk so that it does not oxidise.
- Add the fennel seed, green chilli, chop onion, ginger chop, and red chili, curry leaves in the chana mixture.
- Chop and add the banana flower to this mixture.
- Shape the mixture and deep fry in the hot oil
- Garnish with Curry leaves
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets