The art of eating a crab! All the crab lovers will know the amount of effort it takes to get the goodness of this yummy delicacy!!
A dish that makes you work to get to the goodness inside and once you do, there is no turning back.
And when cooked in regional spices lit elevates the dish to a whole new level.
A dish that makes you salivate and leaves you wanting for more.
A dish that is surprising difficult to pronounce. Vartharacha Nandu masala. simply crab curry with spices that are roasted and ground. Do try it , it is delicious.
For masala paste
- Bay leaf – 2 no
- Cinnamon stick – 2 no
- Coriander seeds – 2 tsp
- Green cardamom – 2 no
- Black pepper- 1 tsp
- Cloves – 4 no
- Cumin – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli – 4 no
- Tamarind few
- Fresh coconut – 1/2 cup
- Garlic – 5 no
- Big onion- 2 no
- Curry leaves few
- Tomato – 2 cup
- Oil for cooking
- Salt to taste
- Sea crab 750 gm
- Onion 1 cup
- Curry leaves few
- Green chill 4 no
- Ginger Garlic paste 2 tsp
- Mustard seed – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder 3 tsp
- Red chili powder 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – few
Making masala paste
- Take a kadai add little oil. Add all the dry spices and the coconut
- Cook the coconut until golden brown. Once coconut turns golden brown, add onion and cook the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and the curry leaves. Saute and then add tomato,
- Add salt and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the tamarind and cook for 10 minutes
- Once masala is cooked well, cool it down to room temperature
- Once it is cooled make a fine paste.
- Keep the paste aside.
- Next take a deep pan, add little oil and mustard seed.
- Add onion, curry leaves, green chilli
- Cook well for 5 minutes. Add the Ginger garlic paste and cook well until raw flavor goes
- Add the crab and cook for 5 minutes
- Add little salt
- Add coriander powder, red chill powder, turmeric powder cook well for 5 minutes.
- Add the Masala paste
- Add little water cook for 15 to 20 munutes
- Finally add coriander leaves.
- Serve it with steam rice.
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets