Vanilla chiffon cake is one of the all time favorite, Soft and airy. Goes well with tea or a snack. Tastes better with different icings
- Flour -1/2 cup
- Pinch of salt
- Baking soda – 1g
- Baking powder – 4g
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Egg yolk of 3 eggs
- Sugar 3 tbl spoon
- Water 3 tbl spoon
- Egg whites of 3 eggs
- Sugar – 5 tbl spoon
- In a bowl sift the flour, baking soda & powder, keep aside,
- Pre heat the oven to 160 to 170*c,
- In a mixing bowl, whip the egg yolk with sugar till it doubles up in volume, add in water, oil, vanilla and whip for 2 min.
- Now fold in the flour mix, fold the mix gently, make sure there is no lumps.
- Keep aside.
- Now whip the egg whites with sugar to soft peak.
- Add the sugar in 2 parts.
- Once it reaches soft peak fold it with the egg yolk mix.
- Fold the meringue in 3 parts.
- Pour the mix in desired baking molds, bake at 160*c for 40 to 45min.
- Remove from oven all ow it to cool. slice & enjoy.
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets