- Serves: 4
one of the most healthy recipe on old times but which is mostly forgotten by this generation. My grandma usually makes it often at home. So only our Grandmothers never bothered about their aches those days. I just modified little and made this as custard. Urad dal & almond is high in protein and rich in calcium. When you add bit jaggery to it kid will love them as a custard consistency.
And after all, making this pudding is all about that – reducing muscular pain, joint aches and strengthening bones
- Split Black Gram (With Skin)- 1/2 cup
- Almond – 1/4 cup,
- Jaggery – 1 1/2cup,
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tea spoon,
- Salt – pinch ,
- Water – 4 cup
- In a dry pan roast the dal In a medium flame, till raw flavour goes off and it turns golden brown. Once done remove from heat and let it cool down.
- In a same pan roast the almond in a same way
- Once both come to room temperature, mix both and grind to fine powder
- In a sauce pan add the Jaggery and 1 cup water, bring it to boil.
- Skim the syrup and pass it thru strainer.
- Add the powdered dal and almond mix in a pan and add 3 cup water, mix well with the whisk
- In a slow flame bring the mixture to boil by mixing continuously
- Once the mixture is boiled add the cardamom powder and mix well
- Once the mixture become thick add the syrup and boil for few more minutes in a slow flame
- Now switch off the flame and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Pour it in a jar or cup, chill in a refrigerator till it’s chilled.
- Serves cold.( optional – can to serve warm also)
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets