Why you should make this recipe:
This is a recipe I’ve been using since my days at OCLD. I’ve modified it a bit (changed metrics to cups) also I’ve added instant coffee to the recipe. This is something we make regularly at home and it never fails.
- Powdered Sugar – 1.5 cups
- Whole egg – 1 no
- Egg yolk – 1 no
- Melted buter – 1 cup
- Instant coffee – 2tsp
- Vanilla extract – 1tsp
- Refined Flour – 2 cups
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Chocolate chips – 2 cups
- Take a mixing bowl and add in the sugar.
- Add the melted butter to it.
- Now add in the eggs and mix this together with a wooden spoon.
- At this stage you can also add in the coffee powder and the vanilla extract.
- Sieve the baking powder and the refined flour.
- Fold this into the mixture, do not get worried of the batter looks too thin, it will come together eventually.
- The recipe always works
- Now add in the chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 160degC
- Rest this mixture for 10min and then roll into even shaped balls
- Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on the size of your cookies.
- When the cookies are done, cool them on a rack before storing into a cookie jar.
- Have fun!