Quail 65 is my favourite dish.. every time I use to have with curd rice, it’s excellent combination. It’s an easy dish to make it . Legend has it that the name 65 has to do with the 65 spices used in its preparation.
Not really. It can be made with the ingredients listed below.
One day I cooked for my daughter, she asked me why chicken is very lean….well that day onward quail is called baby chicken in my house.
- Quail – 4
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger & garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Gram flour – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for frying
- Coriander & mint – few
- Wash & cut the quail.
- Marinate quail with all the ingredients for minimum 2 hour or overnight
- Deep fry in oil medium to high flame.
- Serve hot
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets