This creamy dessert is very easy to make and liked by many. Apart from phirni, rice kheer and seviyan kheer are two similar sweet recipes which are equally popular in north India and made on festive occasions
- Basmati rice 100 gm
- Milk 1000 ml
- Sugar 500 gm
- Saffron 3 pinch
- Cashew nuts 25 gm
- Almond 10 no
- Dry grapes 10 no
- Soak the rice at least 2 hours then drain and dry it. Then coarsely ground keep aside.
- Dilute the saffron with hot water.
- Chop the dry nuts keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a thick pan when it gets to a boil put the pounded rice.
- When the rice is cooked then add sugar, and diluted saffron.
- Mix it nicely.
- Check the sweetness and then pour out into separate bowl.
- Garnish with chopped dried nuts.
- Chill the phirnee for atleast 2 hours
- Serve as cold.
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets