A simple and a very popular fish dish which is savored everywhere from South Indian homes to the street food. It is very light with very minimal ingredients. The dish is a serious contender for one of the best street food snacks list. This South Indian style fish fry can be eaten as an appetiser or tastes magical when paired with sambar or rasam rice as a side.
In this recipe you can adjust the spice level according to your taste.
- 400g Fish (any firm fish)
- 3 tbs Sunflower
- Oil/coconut oil
- Red chilli pwd
- Turmeric pwd
- Ginger garlic paste
- Coriander pwd
- Cumin pwd
- Garam masala pwd
5 – 8
- Curry leaves (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the fish fillet or steaks.
- Marinate them with red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, curry leaves, coriander leaves, lime juice, 1/2 tsp oil and salt.
- Keep this aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan.
- Put the marinated fish in it.
- Pan fry on medium heat.
- When the fish is cooked properly and when both sides are golden brown colour,
serve hot with onion salad and lemon wedge.
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets