- Serves: 3
A simple and very popular fish dish that is savored everywhere from South Indian homes to street food. Pan fried fish is very light with very minimal ingredients. The dish is a serious contender for one of the best street food snacks list. This South Indian style fish fry can be eaten as an appetizer or tastes magical when paired with sambar or rasam rice as a side dish.
In this recipe, you can adjust the spice level according to your taste.
- 400g Fish (any firm fish)
- 3 tbs Sunflower
- Oil/coconut oil
- Red chilli pwd
- Turmeric pwd
- Ginger garlic paste
- Coriander pwd
- Cumin pwd
- Garam masala pwd
5 – 8
- Curry leaves (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the fish fillet or steaks.
- Marinate them with red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, curry leaves, coriander leaves, lime juice, 1/2 tsp oil and salt.
- Keep this aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan.
- Put the marinated fish in it.
- Pan fry on medium heat.
- When the fish is cooked properly and when both sides are golden brown colour,
serve hot with onion salad and lemon wedge.