- Serves: 2
Why you should make this recipe:
Sunday is a day when I reserve for mutton dishes at home. While at home I have some more time to prepare food that I love to eat. However this is a quick recipe.
Mutton chops cooked and roasted with pepper and spices. This dish is packed with flavor, very easy to prepare.
Mutton chops with drumstick is great when combined with rasam and rice, a perfect lunch treat for a lazy Sunday afternoon
- 500 g – Mutton chops
- 1 stick – Drumstick, cut into 2 inch length
- 4 tbsp – Oil
- 2 no – Onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp – Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1 1/2tbsp – Black pepper corns
- 4 – Whole dry red chili
- 2 tsp – Coriander seeds
- 1 inch stick – Cinnamon
- 2 green – Cardamom
- 1 tsp – Shahi jeera
- 4 – Cloves
- Salt to taste
- Marinate mutton chops with ginger garlic paste and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Lightly roast the cumin seeds, black pepper corns, whole dry red chili, coriander seeds, cinnamon, green cardamom and shahi jeera in a kadai on low flame.
- Switch off the flame once done.
- Allow it to cool and dry grind to a coarse powder and keep aside.
- Grind the onions into a paste and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,add onion paste and fry lightly.
- Add in the mutton chops and sear till brown
- Add in the ground spices and salt and stir well.
- Add 2 cups of water, and drumstick ,and cook till the mutton chops is tender.
- When the mutton chops is cooked, roast on high heat till water drys up and the masala is coated to the mutton pieces.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
In this Recipe