Why you should make this recipe:
Dosa made with Lentils, Drumstick leaves, and a perfect blend of flavorful ingredients makes a perfect breakfast meal. Drumstick leaves which is known for it’s high content of iron is always a special ingredient in almost all kitchens in Tamil Nadu. Since I learnt this recipe from my mom, I always cherish this as my childhood favorite.
- ldli rice: 2 cup
- Yellow moong dal: 1 cup
- Pigeon peas: 1 cup
- Bengal gram: 1 cup
- Onion: 1 cup
- Green chilli: 3 no
- Red chilli: 4 no
- Curry leaves: few
- Coriander leaves: few
- Murungai Keerai: 1
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2tsp
- Salt to taste
- Put all lentil together in water and soak it for 2 hours
- After 2 hours add fennel and cumin, onion, curry leaves, red chili, green chili and make a coarse paste.
- Wash and cook the Drumstick leaf for 5 minutes to reduce the bitterness.
- Taste and cool
down to room temperature
- Take the batter and mix Drumstick leaf, coriander leaves turmeric powder, salt and mix well
and keep it for 1/2 hour then make the dosa
- Once the tawa is hot enough to make the dosa spread the batter and cook.
- Add little oil to give color make it crispy.
- Turn the dosa to cook the other side.
cook well on both side.
- If you cook the dosa on low flame it will turn crispy.
- Murungai keerai adai is ready
In this Recipe
Watch the Video Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets