- Serves: 5
Meen peera is a Kerala tradition fish recipe with shredded coconut. Small type of fish like sardines, anchovies etc are used for making this dish.
In every Syrian Christian (Kottayam) side is very popular in every home… anchovies contain rich in omega -3 fatty acids etc. so keep try in your kitchen..
- Anchovies – 400 gm
- Onion – 1 no’s
- Kudampuli – 4 no’s
- Ginger – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 1 tsp
- Grated coconut – 1 no’s (small coconut)
- Green chilli – 5 no’s
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 1 cup
- Snake gourd – few (optional)
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek – pinch
- Wash & dry the anchovies.
- Mix all the dry ingredients & grated coconut by hand
- In earthen pot add anchovies, snake gourd & all the mixed ingredients
- Add water & cook 10 minutes in high flame
- Cover with lid & cook for 30minutes in slow to medium flame.
- When water gets dry up, ready to serve with rice.
- Note : snake gourd will increase the quantity & leaves excess water. So add water accordingly..
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets