- Serves: 8
Why you should make this recipe:
I started to take up baking about seven years ago, and particularly like the rich flavor and tender texture of butter. This marble cake recipe is adapted from my butter cake recipe, which is the top-selling cake in my bistro
I have used chocolate bar in this recipe as it gives a better texture and feel. Do try to make this recipe at home of in case you are ever visiting Madurai, do drop in to my bistro.
- Flour – 2 cups (250gm)
- Sugar – 1 1/4 cups (250gm)
- Butter – 1 cup (250gm)
- Egg – 5 (250gm)
- Baking powder – 3/4 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Dark chocolate – 125gm
- Salt – a pinch
- Cream the butter & add sugar, mix it well
- Add egg one by one & mix well, add vanilla essence
- Sieve flour with baking powder & mix with the batter.
- Divide the batter into two.
- Add melted chocolate in one part.
- Grease the cake tray and pour batter alternately
- Bake @180 degree Celsius in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets