Lasooni dal is a very versatile dal in terms of the lentil that can be used in it. One can choose to use toor dal, moong dal or masoor dal. There are multiple ways to make this dal, each one a little bit varied than the other. Only thing constant in this is the seasoning of garlic.
- Moong dal – 100 gm
- Toor dal – 100 gm
- Ghee 4 tsp
- Jeera (cumin) 1 tsp
- Chopped garlic 1/2 tsp
- Chopped ginger 1/2 tsp
- Chopped green chili 1 no
- Chopped onion 1 no
- Chopped tomato 1 no
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Chopped coriander few
- Lemon 1/2
- Soak mix dal (moong and toor) then boil to keep it ready.
- Heat ghee add jeera, garlic sauté it golden brown then put ginger , green chili to sauté it.
- Add chopped onion and tomato sauté it slightly
- Add turmeric powder then dal boil it, add salt.
- Check the consistency of dal and seasoning.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets