Kung Pao Chicken is a Chinese takeout favourite that is mouthwateringly good and highly addictive – so it’s a good thing it’s easy to make at home so we don’t need to order takeout every time we crave it!! We love the strong flavoured sweet-sour-savoury sauce with the signature tingle of numbing heat from the Sichuan pepper!
- Chicken – 300 gm
- Egg white – 1 no’s
- Bell pepper – 1/2 no’s
- Spring onion – 2 no’s
- Ginger & garlic – 1 tbsp(sliced)
- Red chilli – 3 no’s
- Roasted peanuts – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Soya sauce – 2tsp
- Chilli sauce – 1tsp
- Sugar – 1/2tsp
- Cornstarch – 2tsp
- Hoisin sauce – 1tsp
- Sesame oil – 1tsp
- Oil – for frying
- Marinate chicken with salt, pepper, egg white, soya sauce & cornflour
- Mix well & deep fry the chicken.
- For sauce mix soya sauce, chilli sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar & cornstarch.
- Heat oil in a pan add g&g, red chilli & sauté well
- Add bell pepper, sauce & mix well,
- Finally add fried chicken, spring onion & roasted peanut & serve hot.
- Drizzle with sesame oil.
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets