Kozhi milagu varuval is a semi-dry South Indian chicken side dish, mainly spiced with black peppercorns.
Chicken fry recipes are very much versatile and you can find hundreds of them around the world. This is one of my chicken varuval recipes which pairs well with sambar rice and rasam rice. In fact, you can also have this dish with soft dosa which is how my wife like to pair this this kozhi milagu varuval .
- Chicken boneless-500 grams
- Onion sliced-2 cup
- Tomato chopped-1 cup
- Red chilli long-10 no
- Curry leaves-few
- Sonf/ Fennel seeds-1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-3 tsp
- Coriander powder-3 tsp
- Refined oil-to cook
- Sonf powder-1 tsp
- Pepper powder-1 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves-few
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt-as required
- Marinate the chicken with salt, ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add sonf, onions and cook until it turns brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, chilli powder, and coriander powder and cook well.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cook till the oil comes out.
- Now add the chicken and curry leaves and cook with little water.
- Once the chicken is done, finish with pepper powder, sonf powder and coriander leaves.
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets