- Serves: 2
Being a father of two little ones has been blessing. But, to deal with their regular tantrums is not so easy. Innovation of new ideas to keep them busy is also not the easiest. So, sometimes I re- invent. Adding a bit of texture and flavour to their favourite food makes my job easier and quicker.
My kids love strawberries and yoghurt. So, I turned them into a smoothie and added granola for texture, honey for sweetness, bananas for added goodness and finally almonds added to extra crunch and better look.
For gluten and nut free options granola and almonds can be replaced in this recipe by addition gluten free cereals, pumpkin seeds or even our regular murmura. Adding more varieties of fruits like apples, pears or blueberries is also an option.
My kids love it for their breakfast and I keep on my re-invention…
- Yoghurt – 2 cups
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Strawberries sliced – 1 cup
- Strawberries for garnish – 2 numbers
- Honey – for sweetness
- Granola ( or gluten free alternatives) – 3 tbsp
- Almonds sliced or pumpkin seeds – 1tbsp
- Sliced banana – 1/2 number
- Blend the strawberries, yoghurt and honey together with some cold milk to the desired consistency and sweetness. I prefer it to be slightly on the thicker side.
- Pour the smoothie in a bowl and arrange the sliced bananas, strawberries and the granola.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Your smoothie in bowl is ready.
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets