- Serves: 5
Why you should make this recipe:
Traditional food from Kerala is very delicious. This fish curry is one such recipe. Nothing beats Kerala fish curry with Malabar tamarind. It has a very appealing taste and is slightly tangy, Adding shallots & curry leaves gives a very authentic& refined taste. Also coconut oil makes this fish curry flavour pop. This curry is best served with Steamed rice or mashed tapioca
- Fish – 1 kg
- Shallots – 6 no’s
- Chopped ginger – 1 tbsp
- Chopped garlic – 1 tbsp
- Kudam puli – 4 pcs
- Curry leaves – few
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Coconut oil – 4 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as required
- Clean and cut the fish
- In a vessel add coconut oil and mustard seeds
- Add curry leaves, shallots, ginger and garlic. Sauté well
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder & fenugreek..
- Add required amount of water, salt & kodum puli.
- Add fish & boil .
- After it boils, keep it on a slow flame, cover with lid & cook for 30 minutes..
- Serve with rice or tapioca
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets