Just changing the healthy option of food to sweet version for my daughter.
Instead of buying a ready made jelly with just sugar and water we can create such a things to add nutrition value on the daily diet, also the kids will love it for sure.
- Ivy gourd – 15 nos
- Water – 2 cups
- Gelatin – 2 tea spoon
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Trim the side of the ivy gourd and cut it in to small dice
- In a pan add the water and the Ivy gourds boil it till it cooked
- Blend the boiled mixture and run thru sieve
- On a side soak the the gelatin with 2 table spoon of cold water
- Now boil the mixture and add soaked gelatin and sugar with it
- Simmer the mixture till its the sugar gets dissolved
- Remove from the fire, cool it to room temperature and refrigerate for 6 hours in a flat pan for 1 inch height
- After 6 hours take it out form refrigerator cut in to pieces and serve
- If you have small molds for jelly or chocolate, you can make it into some shapes for the kids.
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets