- Serves: 4
Just changing the healthy option of food to sweet version for my daughter.
Instead of buying a ready made jelly with just sugar and water we can create such a things to add nutrition value on the daily diet, also the kids will love it for sure.
- Ivy gourd – 15 nos
- Water – 2 cups
- Gelatin – 2 tea spoon
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Trim the side of the ivy gourd and cut it in to small dice
- In a pan add the water and the Ivy gourds boil it till it cooked
- Blend the boiled mixture and run thru sieve
- On a side soak the the gelatin with 2 table spoon of cold water
- Now boil the mixture and add soaked gelatin and sugar with it
- Simmer the mixture till its the sugar gets dissolved
- Remove from the fire, cool it to room temperature and refrigerate for 6 hours in a flat pan for 1 inch height
- After 6 hours take it out form refrigerator cut in to pieces and serve
- If you have small molds for jelly or chocolate, you can make it into some shapes for the kids.