Why you should make this recipe:
Made a dairy free easy home made pasta sauce. Basil is not easily available like coriander. So I came up with the recipe of coriander pesto and added chilly to give Indian flavor.
- Coriander small – 1 bunch
- Roasted Cashew nut – 8 to 10 nos
- Garlic clove – 5 nos
- Oil (olive oil 0r Peanut oil or refined sunflower oil)- 1/4 cup
- Green chlli – 5 nos
- Lemon – 1/2 no
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the coriander without dirt or mud
- Roughly cut the coriander into pieces, remove the stem of the green chili
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan and add the green chilies and cook for a minute to remove raw flavor from chilies
- In a food processor or in blender, add everything except lemon and blend it to a coarse paste
- Then squeeze the lemon and mix well with the sauce, now the pasta sauce is ready.
- You can refrigerate the sauce up to 3 days.
How to use this sauce
- Cook the pasta according to the guidelines in the packet.
- Heat a pan, add half tea spoon oil and toss the boiled pasta till it get hot.
- Switch off the flame add table spoon of sauce and toss well
- Adjust the seasoning with salt if necessary.
- Optional – Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top to finish the pasta.
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets