- Serves: 4
Handi Gosht or Handi Mutton is easy to prepare Mutton Recipe.
It is a single pot Lamb Strew or Mutton Strew. Traditionally we cook this Mutton Handi recipe in earthen Handi over a low flame on earthen Chulha. Handi is a deep and wide-mouthed cooking vessel made from clay. Chulha is a U-shape mud stove. Chulha is prepared from bricks and clay. People burn wood or Cow Dung Cakes in it for energy.
This Handi Mutton recipe is very popular in Uttar Pradesh and the Bihar state of India. A similar type of Mutton Recipe is very popular in Punjabi Dhabha. Which they call Dhabe-Da-Meat. While the gravy of Punjabi Dhaba Style Mutton curry has a thick consistency. The gravy of Handi Mutton is light and thin.
- Mutton boneless – 500 gm
- Oil to cook
- Onion 2 cup
- Tomato 1 cup
- Deggi mirch 3 tsp
- Coriander power 4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Gram masala powder 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf 2 nos
- Cloves 4 nos
- Cinnamon 2 no
- Cardamom 2 no
- Ginger and Garlic paste -2 tsp
- Caraway seeds 1 pinch
- Heat oil put whole masala (bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom)
- When crackled put slice onion sauté till golden brown add ginger garlic paste put mutton sauté well then add chopped tomato then add all dry powder masalas cook well add little water cook the mutton well.
- When mutton cooked well done. check seasoning.
- Finish it with cumin and gram masala powder.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves