- Serves: 4
I am looking to try out simple recipes for my Bistro in Madurai. We serve classic comfort food in the restaurant.
One day my daughter was visiting the restaurant. Whenever she visits, she want to try something new.
So I made this recipe. It is a thick custard, that is batterfried. Crisp on the outside, soft and sweet on the inside. Somewhat like fried icecream but easier to make.
- Flour – 2 tbsp
- Corn flour – 2.5 tbsp
- Custard powder – 1.5 tbsp
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Condensed milk – 3 tbsp
- Milk – 400 ml
- Flour – 5 tbsp
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Water – 50 ml
- Mix all ingredients and cook till it is thick in consistency.
- Pour the custard in rectangle tray or any shape.
- Keep in refrigerator for 5 hr or more
- De mould the custard & cut into desired shape.
- Dust custard pieces in corn flour.
- Make batter with the ingredients for the batter.
- Dip one by one and fry in medium flame till golden brown.
- Serve with some dusting of icing sugar.
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets