- Serves: 3 people
Why you should make this recipe:
When I heard this name first time I was surprised, cake without flour??
No way… A Flour less chocolate cake is not possible . Then I started to do my experimentation and I came with this recipe with combination of chocolate and Jaggery.
It is a dense cake with rich chocolate flavour and if you love chocolate, you will love this recipe
- Unsalted butter – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – 2 cups
- Eggs – 5 no
- Powdered Jaggery – 2/3 cup
- Almond powder – 1 Tbsp
- Cocoa powder – 1 Tbsp
- Mix the butter and the chocolate together in bowl , melt it in a microwave oven for 30 seconds
- After 30 seconds take it out mix well, if the chocolate is not melted put back again for 30 seconds,till chocolate melts well.
- In another bowl beat the eggs and the powdered jaggery, till jaggery dissolves in egg.
- Add the melted chocolate with egg mixture and mix well, to combine all.
with the mixture.
- Add the almond powder, the grated coconut and cocoa powder , and gently fold it with a spatula without lumps.
- Line a 500 gm baking mold with baking sheet or foil, Pour the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 180’C
- Ina small tray pour cup of water to create a double boiler and place the Baking mold in the tray.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Baking test: The inserted skewer or toothpick must come out clean
- Remove the cake from oven and let it cool down to room temperature
- Once cooled down apply chocolate ganache on top (optional)
In this Recipe