Erode Pallipalayam Chicken Fry Recipe is a quick Tamilnadu Style Chicken side dish. It contains very few ingredients and yet turns out to be very delicious. The key essence to this dish is the use of pearl onions which is widely used in Tamil Nadu Cuisine. It is popularly called as “Chinna Vengayam”. The onions are ground along with Coconut and then sautéed well with basic Indian spices. The boneless chicken pieces are then cooked in this aromatic masala.
- Chicken boneless-500 grams
- Shallots sliced-2 cups
- Red chilli round-10 no
- Curry leaves-few
- Coconut slices-few
- Mustard-1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste-2tsp
- Red chilli powder- 2tsp
- Coriander powder-1tsp
- Red chilli long-4 no
11. Garlic peeled
- Gingelly oil-to cook
- Sonf powder-1tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves-few
- Turmeric powder-1/2tsp
- Salt-as required
- Marinate the chicken with salt, ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder.
- Soak the red chilli long, garlic and curry leaves for 4 hours and make a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, crackle mustard and add coconut slices, shallots and cook well.
- Add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, chilli powder, and coriander powder and cook well.
- Add the chilli paste and cook till the oil comes out.
- Now add the chicken and curry leaves and cook with little water.
- Once the chicken is done, finish with sonf powder and coriander leaves
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets