- Serves: 3
Why you should make this recipe:
“PEPPER CHICKEN” this is one of the most common dishes down south. It’s basically where we cook the chicken along with spices dominated by “pepper”. The taste and flavor of pepper chicken changes from one home to another as each adds their own spices to make it unique.
When my mom makes it the whole house would have the smell of it which would make me go and taste it from the cooking vessel directly when it’s ready.
This dish is a great accompaniment to appams, chapatis and rice.
- Big Onion-1 cup
- Tomato-1/2 cup
- Black Pepper Corns-1 to 2 Tbsp
- Cinnamon -2 small sticks
- Clove -2 to 3 no’s
- Cardamom – 2 to 3 no’s
- Saunf-2 Tsp
- Cumin-1 Tsp
- Curry leaves-few sprigs
- Ginger chopped- 1 Tbsp
- Garlic chopped -1 Tbsp
- Dry red chillies- 3 no’s
- Coconut Oil-5 Tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Chicken-500 gm
- Add all the ingredients in to the mixer, except curry leaf, chicken, oil and salt. Blend to a smooth paste.
- Mix the ground paste with chicken and keep aside.
- Place the cooker on range on medium heat.
- Once heated, add 2 Tbsp coconut oil.
- After the oil is heated add the marinated chicken and add required salt and sauté it well.
- Close the pressure cooker.
- Cook for 1 or 2 whistle or till the chicken is done.
- Once done, place over high flame and pour the remaining coconut oil and mix well.
- Once the gravy starts bubbling and it has reached semi dry consistency add curry leaves and remove from heat.
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets