- Serves: 6
Why you should make this recipe:
This recipe of the Gluten free Chocolate Marquis is dessert worthy of royalty, one that defies precise description yet holds a distinct air of aristocracy. It combines the richness of ganache with the velvety smoothness of mousse and, as if that wasn’t enough decadence, it adds the melty coldness of ice cream.
- Unsalted Butter – 450 gm
- Dark Coverture chocolate – 450 gm
- Refined sugar – 220 gm
- Water – 120 ml
- Whole eggs – 4 no
- Egg yolk – 6 no
- Honey – 75 gm
- Dark Coverture Chocolate – 400 gm
- Unsalted Butter – 180 gm
- Whipped cream – 280 gm
- Egg White – 4 no
- Refined Sugar – 50 gm
- Gelatin – 30 gm
- Water – 90 ml
- Melt the chocolate and butter together and add the whole eggs one by one mixing it completely before adding the other.
- Boil the sugar and water and the mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Now pour the mixture in a frame or ring and bake it at 180*C for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool the base at room temperature
Note: Do not remove the Frame or Ring
- Cook the egg yolk and the honey together over a double boiler and cool it.
- Melt the chocolate and the butter together.
- Dissolve the gelatin in water and mix the same in the egg yolk mixture.
- Whip the egg white with sugar till hard peak.
- Now mix the chocolate mixture in to the egg yolk mixture.
- Fold in the whipped egg white in the chocolate mixture.
- Finally fold in the whipped cream in to it and pour the entire over the cooked base and freeze it till it sets
- Cut in to desired portion and dust it with Cocoa Powder on top and serve Chilled
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets