One of my most favorite sandwich recipe. In my early day in kitchen this used to be my late night food most of days. Simple egg sandwich recipe, often part of my daughter’s lunch box or a snack. Different from what you do in a daily basis, very basic ingredients need which will be available at home most of the time.
Egg Mayo sandwich
- Eggs – 3 no
- Mayonnaise – 2 tbs
- Chopped Onion (optional) – 1 no
- Cheese slice – 2 no
- Bread slices – 4 no
- Butter – 1 teaspoon
- Salt as required
- Crushed pepper as required
- Boil water in a pot and reduce the flame to low and add a pinch of salt.
- Add the egg in boiling water using a ladle gently with out breaking it.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes and switch off the flame and remove the pot.
- Once the egg cools down peel and chop them in to small pieces, add them in to bowl.
- Add the chopped onion with the boiled egg (optional)
- Season the egg with salt and pepper and add the mayonnaise and mix well
- Apply the butter on both sides of the sliced bread
- Spread the mixture onto one slice of bread, top with the cheese slice then with another slice of bread
- Repeat the same for another sandwich
- Heat the nonstick pan in a medium heat and add the sandwich
- Toast the sandwich both side till golden brown
- Cut into preferred sandwich shape