Chitoi pitha is a type of rice cake mainly from the eastern part of the Indian subcontinent, what is today Bangladesh, East India and Northeast India. Chitoi pitha is considered to be traditional winter dish in Bangladesh. These are steamed rice cakes made out of freshly ground rice flour. Best enjoyed with date jaggery
- Rice flour- 200 gm
- Salt- 8 gm
- Baking soda-2 gm
- Luke warm water-600 ml
- Green cardamom powder-5 gm
- Make a smooth, runny batter with all ingredients together.
- Make sure there are no lumps in the batter.
- Heat pan and when pan is hot, place egg ring.
- Add 1/3 cup of batter and cook 2.5-3 minutes under closed lid when there should be many tiny holes on the surface.
- Take out chitoi pitha from and repeat with the remaining batter until used up.
- Serve Chitoi pitha with Palm sugar or date jaggery and grated coconut