- Serves: 8
Simple and easy, Moist carrot cake with cream cheese icing.
This recipe is a staple of many buffet that I have put out simply because it is very easy, and well loved by almost all
Flour – 1.5 cup
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
Walnut – 1/2 cup
Grated carrot – 1.5 cup
Whole eggs – 04 nos
Sugar – 1.2 cup
Oil – 1/2 cup
Honey – 4 tbsp
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Cream cheese frosting
Whipping cream – 1.5 cup
Cream cheese – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Pre heat the oven to 160*C,
- In a bowl sift the flour, baking powder, soda and cinnamon powder, keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl start whipping oil and sugar, once the sugar is dissolved a bit add eggs in 2 parts and whip the mix for 2 minutes, add in honey and vanilla whip the mix till it’s doubles up in volume.
- Fold in the carrot and walnut. Fold the mix with a spatula. Add in the the flour mix and fold the mix properly, make ire there are no lumps and do not over mix the batter.
- Pour the mix in the desired mould and bake at 160*C for 45 to 50 minutes.
- After baking, allow it to cool and slice the cake.
Cream cheese icing
- Keep the cream cheese in room temperature for about 30min before starting the recipe,
- Whip the cream with sugar, whip it to soft peak & fold with cream cheese and whip the mix till it’s slightly stiff.
- Rest it in refrigerator for 30 min.
Assembling the cake,
- Layer the cake by piping the cream cheese icing for one layer and repeat the process.
Can replace for different versions of carrot cake,
Pecan in place of walnut,
Brown sugar in place of regular sugar,
Maple syrup in place of honey,
Can add 2g of ginger powder.