- Serves: 5
Bun halwa is famous in Madurai & is usually served in wedding too..This is simple and tasty recipe.
- Bun – 3 no’s (1 cup crumbs)
- Water – 1 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Cardamom pwdr – 1/4 tsp
- Cashew nut – few
- Raisins – few ( optional)
- Almond – few (optional)
- Make bun into crumbs & sauté in ghee till light golden brown colour
- In same pan add water, sugar, cardamom powder & boil for 2 minutes
- Meanwhile fry nuts & keep it aside
- Add bun crumbs into boiling sugar water & mix it well
- Keep flame in low & mix well.
- When it’s become thick consistency add ghee & mix well
- Occasionally add ghee & mix well
- Add nuts, when it’s become halwa consistency remove from fire.
- Serve warm
Note: you can use rusk or bread too
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets