- Serves: 4
“Buldak” translates into English as “fire chicken.” Buldak is typically made with a whole chicken, but skinless, boneless thighs work well if you want to make a smaller batch. This FIERY SPICY Chicken dish with melted mozzarella cheese is the dish to relish, that will leave you feeling so refreshingly happy. This is a perfect pub food and a perfect pair with beer.
- Chicken breast cut into cubes -450 g
- Gochugaru (korean chilly powder) – 1tbs
- Gochujang (korean chilly paste) – 2 tbs
- Rice wine -2 tbs
- Soy sauce- 2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbs
- Sesame oil -1/4 tsp
- Ground black pepper – 1 tbs
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 3 cloves chopped
- Grated ginger – 1 tsp
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – 220 g
- Chicken stock – 3 tbsp
- Green onion – 1
- Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
- In a bowl, combine rice wine gochugaru, gochujang, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground black pepper, honey, garlic, and ginger in a bowl.
- Add chicken into the bowl and mix well, set aside.
- Heat up a skillet with oil,place the marinated chicken into skillet.
- Cover and cook the chicken for about 10 min,
check to be sure not to burn the chicken.
- Uncover, and turn over the chicken add stock.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and allow to cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Pre-heat the oven to melt & gratinate cheese.
- Sprinkle on the cheese over the top.
- Place in oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with spring onions and seasame seeds.