Why you should make this recipe:
- Rice- 1 cup
- Toor dal- 1/2 cup
- Carrot- 1 big no.diced
- Beans- 8 to 10 nos. diced
- Green peas- 50g
- peanuts 50g
- Potato- 1 no. medium sized diced
- Knol khol 1no medium diced
- Salt- 2 teaspoon
- Jaggery – 1tbs
- Tamarind pulp- 30ml
- Bisi bele bath powder- 4tbs
- Ghee- 2 to 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Cashews- few
- Pressure cook toor dal adding about a glass of water, for about 3 whistles.
- Make sure the lentils are not mushy. Pressure Cook rice too and keep it ready.
- Heat sauce pan adding chopped veggies like carrot, knol khol,beans, potato, peanuts and green peas. Cook them adding enough water. Add jaggery, tamarind pulp and let all veggies cook till soft.
- Once all the vegetables are cooked toor dal, salt and bisi bele bath powder. Add 2 more cups of water and let it boil.
- When it is still boiling , add cooked rice and mix well.
- For Tempering
- Heat pan adding ghee, mustard seeds, split black gram lentil and curry leaves, when mustard seeds splutter, add cashew nuts. Stir for a while and switch off.
- Add tempering to bisi bele bath
- Bisi bele bath is ready. Serve it along with potato chips or boondi
Purchase from Amazon
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets