Why you should make this recipe:
Besan Ladoo is a traditional Indian dessert made with Chickpea flour, ￼Ghee and sugar.
Cardamom powder/fennel seed powder is optional to enhance the flavor.
I have also used condensed milk to boost the taste and added some roasted vermicelli as well.
This is very easy sweet which we can make anytime on any occasion however getting the consistency right is tricky
Good to know: The word Ladoo/Laddu is originated from the Sanskrit word Lattika.
For Besan Ladoo’s:
- Chickpea Flour (Besan)- 1 cup
- Fine Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Condensed Milk – 1/4 cup
- Ghee- 3/4 cup
- Cardamom powder- a pinch
For Roohafza Cream:
- Roohafza Syrup – 1 spoon
- Fresh Cream: 1/4 cup
- Heat Ghee in a pan and add Chickpea flour to it.
- Roast the flour on a low to medium flame by continuously stirring it for about 10-12 mins.
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder and Condensed milk.
- Give it a good stir for 2-3 mins. and turn off the heat.
- Bring the mixture to room temperature and add fine sugar to it.
- Ensure the mixture is not hot as this will melt the sugar which will make it loose.
- We want the consistency to be firm; not loose.
- After mixing the sugar well start making ladoos.
- Take some oil on your palms and start rolling the mixture by making small spheres.
A little secret: If you think that mixture is not binding properly try adding a spoon on warm/room temperature milk to it and roll. It will definitely work. (In an ideal scenario where the sugar wasn’t added to hot mixture)
For the plating:
- Take Roohafza syrup and fresh cream. Beat it with the help of fork or whisk until smooth.
You may serve it with some chopped nuts of your choice.
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets