Why you should make this recipe:
Appam is God’s own country’s revered food. It is a very popular breakfast recipes that can be served with any curry. If you wish to serve with a Keralafish curry, you could do that as well.
In my home we use to make appam on a regular basis. My 4 years daughter loves appam with milk. She is a fan of my mom’s appam. These white lacy pancakes have a crisp side with an airy, soft on touch, fluffy center. Appam recipe uses minimal ingredients, are simple to make and usually served with a range of sides dishes.
- Raw rice – 2 cups
- Yeast – 1/4 tsp
- Coconut – 1/2 grated
- Sugar – 4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as required
- Wash & soak the rice at least 4 hours
- Grind 2 tbsp of soaked rice with little water & make smooth liquid consistency
- Pour the liquid into pan & heat it to make it thick without lumps and keep it aside.
- Grind remaining rice with grated coconut, yeast & water.
- Grind till smooth and add the thickened rice paste ( room temperature) to this batter & mix well.
- Keep the batter at least 6 hours in room temperature.
- After that add sugar and make your yummy appam in a appam Kadai.
- Serve immediately with any curry
In this Recipe
Subscribe to our Weekly Recipe Newsletter
Recipes from Professional chefs sharing their secrets