Why you should make this recipe:
Tiramisu is believed to have been first made in Veneto in Italy. .There is hardly an Italian restaurant that will not have this recipe in the menu. But having said that, every chef will claim that their recipe is the best and original.
What ever it is, try this recipe and then decide for yourself if this is authentic.
- Mascarpone Cheese – 2 ½ cup
- Egg yolk – 4 No
- Egg White – 4 No
- Castor Sugar ¼ cup
- Savory Biscuit/Sponge cake – 4 No
- Espresso Coffee – ¾ cup
- Kahlua – ½ cup
- Cream the cheese till smooth paste.
- Make a sabayon of egg yolk and 1/2 of sugar in a double boiler.
- Mix the sabayon and cheese after cooling
- Beat the egg white with rest of the sugar till hard peak
- Fold the cheese mixture in the beaten egg white
- Mix the Kahlua and Espresso
- Soak the Savory Biscuit/ sponge cake in the coffee liquor
- Make two alternate layers of soaked savory biscuit and cheese mixture in square dish.
- Dust with some cocoa powder just before serving
- Serve Chilled